Here’s what our Thanksgiving menu looked like – it was entirely gluten, grain, and sugar free, except for the two dishes my mom brought.
- roasted turkey
- cornbread stuffing (mom)
- mashed potatoes (mashed cauliflower for me)
- baked yams and sweet potatoes (flesh mashed with coconut oil and cinnamon and left in jackets)
- maple pecan carrots
- spicy green bean salad
- fresh fermented cranberry relish
- vegetable salad
- cherry noodle pudding (mom)
- pear crisp
- pumpkin pie with pecan crust
Lots of yummy food but what was really nice was being able to share a family meal with our parents, being together with all of us in good health. That’s really something to appreciate, isn’t it?