This salad was something that I’ve been meaning to try for a while, but it wasn’t the hit I had hoped it would be. The vegetable ingredients were great, but the vinaigrette was waaaay too spicy – I should have known better than to follow it as written when I saw cayenne pepper as an ingredient. The dressing below is my adaptation from the mouth burning original version that left even those who love hot sauce and spicy foods reaching repeatedly for their water glasses.
Jicama and Avocado Salad with Thai Vinaigrette
- 1 lg jicama, peeled and cut into french fry shaped sticks
- 2 avocados, sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 2 c. salad greens (I used romaine lettuce)
- 1/2 t. tumeric
- 1/2 t. sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 T. honey
- 2 limes or lemons, juiced
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste.
Blend dressing ingredients and mix over the tossed vegetables.