I adapted this recipe from Lea’s sesame chia apple salad. This is a lovely salad packed with nutrients that looks great on the table, and tastes great, too!
Fennel Apple Salad
- 6 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 medium apples, shredded (I used Granny Smiths but red apples would add a nice color contrast)
- 1 head fennel, diced
- 3 cucumbers, diced (I use the seedless cukes, and leave them unpeeled)
- 1 small red onion, minced – optional (this adds some nice color if you use green apples, but my kids prefer it without)
- 1 T. chia seeds
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 – 3 T. lemon or orange juice (I squeezed some from the fruits we picked at our neighbor’s)
Mix all of the vegetables in a bowl, and stir in the chia seeds. Mix together the oil and citrus juice for a light dressing, then pour on top of the vegetables.
(This post is part of My Meatless Mondays, Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Tuesdays at the Table, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Tea Party Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, and Gluten Free Wednesday.)